- 1-2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1" cubes (non-antibiotic & additive free)
- Himalayan pink salt- to taste
- Fresh ground white pepper-to taste
- 2-1/2 teaspoons curry powder-more or less according to taste and strength of curry powder
- 3 Tablespoons organic olive oil or organic coconut oil-highest quality available
- 1-2 large, organic onions, finely chopped (sweet onions have the best taste)
- 4 organic, garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon organic, freshly minced ginger
- 1-2 cups of organic or homemade chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon gluten free flour
- 1-2 packets of Stevia white crystals
- Organic Vegetables of your choice: total 3-4 cups organic fresh or frozen peas, carrots, cauliflower, mushrooms, etc. cut into small pieces
- 1 cup organic yogurt or sour cream
- 1/4 c finely chopped organic cilantro
- Sprinkle the chicken evenly with about 1 tsp. pink salt, 3/4 tsp. of white pepper and 1-2 tsp of curry powder. Be sure to suit your taste, hotter or cooler with the spices.
- Heat 2 T of olive oil in a large skillet over medium to high heat until just warm. Add the chicken cubes and cook, stirring until just the pink is gone from the chicken. Transfer the cooked chicken to a bowl and set aside
In a second pan, while browning the chicken, brown the vegetables just until crisp-tender in about 1-2 Tablespoon of oil.
Add the onions, garlic, ginger into the empty chicken pan and cook until onions are transparent scraping bits of chicken off the pan and into the mix.
Add 1 Tablespoon more of oil to the pan (if needed) and cook until warmed through, then add 2 Tablespoon of gluten free flour to the pan and stir with a fork or a whisk to keep the flour from clumping in any way. Slowly add the 2 cups of chicken broth to the pan, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring after each addition, until all of the broth has been added.
Bring to a boil for a few seconds and immediately shut the temperature down to simmer. Keep stirring the mixture. It should be thickened and not have any clumps of flour.
Add the chicken, the vegetables, and cilantro to the pan and simmer for a few minutes stirring well.
Add 1 cup of plain or vanilla yogurt to the mix (or sour cream if you prefer). Taste the sauce and add the stevia and/or more curry or spices if needed.
Blend the mixture until all of the yogurt is incorporated into the sauce. Keep warm until serving.
Serve over organic, brown Basmati rice.